The following ports need to be forwarded for GameRanger:
GameRanger - PC
- UDP: 16000
Setting Up a Port Forward for GameRanger
When you use GameRanger you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to GameRanger.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for GameRanger
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for GameRanger in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for GameRanger:
List of Routers - Customized for GameRanger
That's all it takes to forward your ports for GameRanger.