Easiest Way to Forward Ports on the Gemtek CPE7000 Router
Your Gemtek Xplornet CPE7000 router has a firewall to help protect your local network from unwanted Internet access. Firewalls protect your home network by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that are not deemed safe. When playing an online game or using an online program some of the needed connections for that application may be blocked. In order to unblock these connections you need to create a port forward.
In this guide I will walk you through each of the following steps:
- How to make a static IP address on the computer of device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Gemtek Xplornet CPE7000 router.
- How to navigate to the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- How to create a port forward entry on your Gemtek Xplornet CPE7000 router.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
You can now login to the Gemtek Xplornet CPE7000 router interface. Your router, along with most others, use a web interface which means you need to open the router settings using a web browser. It does not matter which browser you decide to use, I recommend using one you are familiar with. Some of the more common browsers are Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
Open up the web browser of your choice and find the address bar. Your address bar is normally going to be at the top of the page like this:
In the above image the address bar has 192.168.209.1 in it. This is what you need to make your address bar look like. Simply enter the router's IP address in the address bar.
If you have changed the router's IP address, simply enter that in the address bar instead of the default one. If you don't remember what you changed your IP address to, then you need to look it up. To do that, follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
The default IP address for the Gemtek Xplornet CPE7000 router is: 192.168.209.1
Once you have entered the router's IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. If you entered the correct IP address you are given a login window like this:
To go to your router setup pages you need to provide authorization. Simply enter the router's username and password and press the LOGIN button.
- The Default Gemtek CPE7000 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Gemtek CPE7000 Router Password is: password
NOTE: The router username and password are NOT the same thing as the WiFi username(SSID) and password.
Username & Password Trouble?
Are you having trouble logging in? Don't worry, there are a few things you can try:
- First, I recommend trying other Gemtek usernames and passwords. If you have a different firmware version then you may also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default Gemtek Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, it is probably because you changed the username and/or password. You are most likely the best person to try and guess what you changed the password to. Go ahead and try to figure out what you changed it to. Need help? Use our Find Password App to help you out. This application will guess thousands of different combinations for you and let you know when it has figured it out. Learn more about this handy application on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, it might be time to consider a factory reset. This should be a last resort. Do not do this unless you have exhausted all your other troubleshooting options. A factory reset will erase all the personal setting you changed in the past. If you need to perform a factory reset check out this How to Reset a Router guide for the basics of resetting a router.
By now you should be logged into the Gemtek Xplornet CPE7000 router. It is time to find the port forwarding section of the device interface. Let's start on the Mobile Network Status page of the device:
On this page, there are seven different choices at the bottom of the page. Pick the Network option. It is the third one from the left that looks like three computers.
You should now be on a page like the one you see here. Click the option in the left sidebar labeled Port Mapping.
Now look at the top of the page and click the link labeled Port Forwarding.
Congratulations, you have found the port forwarding page of the router interface.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
From the Protocol box select the protocol for the ports that you want to forward.
If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the WAN Port Begin and LAN Port Begin boxes and the highest number of the range into the WAN Port End and LAN Port End boxes. If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the WAN Port Begin, WAN Port End, LAN Port Begin and LAN Port End boxes.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the LAN IP box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
Enable the Enable checkbox by putting a check in it.
When you are finished, don't forget to click the Apply button near the bottom of the page to save your work.
Are Your Ports Forwarded?
You have done everything we recommended to open your ports but how do you really know the ports opened correctly. I recommend using our Open Port Checker. It is a great way to check and see if you opened the port or not. There are a lot of port checkers on the Internet but ours is guaranteed to be accurate.
If you are still having problems getting your ports to forward, use our Port Forwarding Software. Here at portforward.com we believe port forwarding should be easy and we want to help. With our software we will help you troubleshoot and fix your port forwarding issues.
Look at the rest of our guides here. We have networking, gaming and even software guides.
Check out our router guides at setuprouter.com.