Your Gemtek Xplornet WLTCS-106 router has a firewall to help protect your local network from unwanted Internet access. Firewalls protect your home network by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that are not deemed safe. When playing an online game or using an online program some of the needed connections for that application may be blocked. In order to unblock these connections you need to create a port forward.
In this guide I will walk you through each of the following steps:
- How to make a static IP address on the computer of device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Gemtek Xplornet WLTCS-106 router.
- How to navigate to the port forwarding section of the router interface.
- How to create a port forward entry on your Gemtek Xplornet WLTCS-106 router.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
It is now time to login to the Gemtek Xplornet WLTCS-106 router interface. Your router, along with most others, use a web interface which means you need to open the router settings using a web browser. It does not matter which browser you decide to use, I recommend using one you are familiar with. Some of the more common browsers are Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
Open up the web browser of your choice and find the address bar. Your address bar is normally going to be at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Gemtek WLTCS-106 IP Address is: 192.168.209.1
Once you have entered the router's IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. If you entered the correct IP address you are given a login window like this:
To go to your router setup pages you need to provide authorization. Simply enter the router's username and password and press the LOGIN button.
- The Default Gemtek WLTCS-106 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Gemtek WLTCS-106 Router Password is: password
NOTE: The router username and password are NOT the same thing as the WiFi username(SSID) and password.
Username & Password Trouble?
Are you having trouble logging in? Don't worry, there are a few things you can try:
- Try other Gemtek usernames and passwords. If you have a different firmware version then you may also have a different username and password. Here is our list of Default Gemtek Router Passwords.
- If that did not work, it is because you changed the username and/or password. You are probably the best person to try and guess what you changed the password to. Go ahead and try to figure out what you changed it to. Not working? Use our Find Password App to help you out. This application will guess thousands of different combinations for you and let you know when it has figured it out. Learn more about this handy application on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally, if that did not work, it might be time to consider a factory reset. This should be a LAST RESORT. Do not do this unless you have exhausted your other troubleshooting options. A factory reset is going to erase all your personal settings in the past. If you need to perform a factory reset check out this How to Reset a Router guide for the basics of resetting a router.
By now you should be logged into the Gemtek Xplornet WLTCS-106 router. It is time to find the port forwarding section of the device. To help you do this we start on the Network Status page:
On this page, there are seven different choices. Click the third one from the left that has a picture of three computers. It will take you to the Network Status page:
On this new page, there is a list of different options on the left. Pick the one titled Port Management.
Finally, make sure the option at the top of the page labeled Port Forwarding is chosen.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the WAN Port Begin and LAN Port Begin boxes and the highest number of the range into the WAN Port End and LAN Port End boxes. If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the WAN Port Begin, WAN Port End, LAN Port Begin and LAN Port End boxes.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the LAN IP box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
In the Enable checkbox put a checkmark.
Make sure to click the Apply button when you are finished with the port forward entries.
Are Your Ports Forwarded?
You have done everything I recommended to open your ports but how do you really know the ports opened correctly. I recommend using our Open Port Checker. It is a great way to check and see if you opened the port or not. There are a lot of port checkers on the Internet but ours is guaranteed to be accurate.
If you are still having problems getting your ports to forward, use our Port Forwarding Software. Here at portforward.com we believe port forwarding should be easy and we want to help. With our software we will help you troubleshoot and fix your port forward issues.
Look at the rest of our guides here. We have networking, gaming and even software guides.
Check out our router guides at setuprouter.com.