How to Port Forward Georifters in Your Router
Georifters includes the following genres of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Puzzle games require players to solve a variety of puzzles ranging from logic to patterns to words and numbers. They are sometimes timed and sometimes do not have a time limit. Some puzzle games have a level progression built in to them and others are more in the arcade style.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Georifters
When you are playing Georifters you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Georifters Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Georifters are as follows:
Georifters - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Georifters - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Georifters - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Georifters - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Georifters that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.