The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for GeoVision SMS are:
GeoVision SMS - PC
- TCP: 6886
Forward Ports for GeoVision SMS
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use GeoVision SMS. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to GeoVision SMS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for GeoVision SMS
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for GeoVision SMS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for GeoVision SMS:
List of Routers - Customized for GeoVision SMS
That's all it takes to forward your ports for GeoVision SMS.