Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for GGPO:
GGPO - PC
- TCP: 7000
- UDP: 6000-6009
Forwarding Ports for GGPO
When you use GGPO you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to GGPO.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Setting Up a Port Forward for GGPO
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for GGPO in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for GGPO:
List of Routers - Customized for GGPO
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for GGPO.