The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Gizmo Project are:
Gizmo Project - PC
- UDP: 5004-5005, 64064
Setting Up a Port Forward for Gizmo Project
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Gizmo Project. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Gizmo Project.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for Gizmo Project
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Gizmo Project in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Gizmo Project:
List of Routers - Customized for Gizmo Project
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Gizmo Project.