The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for GNUtella are:
GNUtella - PC
- TCP: 6346
- UDP: 6346
Setting Up a Port Forward for GNUtella
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use GNUtella. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to GNUtella.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your download client's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for GNUtella
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your download client into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for GNUtella in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for GNUtella:
List of Routers - Customized for GNUtella
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for GNUtella.