Open Ports on Your Router for Goat Simulator
Goat Simulator is Coffee Stain Studios, Double Eleven's Simulation game with a release date in 2014.
Goat Simulator is a simulation game. In a simulation game the main goal is to simulate a real life situation either for entertainment or education. There are many different types of simulation games such as flying, sports, driving, and farming. One of the earliest simulation games was SimCity which is considered a social simulation game.
Port Forward Goat Simulator
When you are playing Goat Simulator you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Goat Simulator Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Goat Simulator are as follows:
Goat Simulator - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Goat Simulator - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Goat Simulator - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Goat Simulator - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Goat Simulator - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Goat Simulator simply follow one of these links:
- Goat Simulator - PC
- Goat Simulator - Playstation 3
- Goat Simulator - Playstation 4
- Goat Simulator - Xbox 360
- Goat Simulator - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.