Hardwood Backgammon is a Trivia/Board Game game published by Microsoft Game Studios, Silver Creek Entertainment released in 2005.
Hardwood Backgammon is considered a trivia / board game. Trivia games are based on testing the players knowledge of trivia, many times within a time limit. Most are single player but there are many that are also multiplayer. Board games usually mimic their real world counterparts like chess, checkers, and Monopoly.
How to Port Forward Hardwood Backgammon
When you are playing Hardwood Backgammon you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Hardwood Backgammon
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Hardwood Backgammon are as follows:
Hardwood Backgammon - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Hardwood Backgammon - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Hardwood Backgammon yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Hardwood Backgammon simply follow one of these links:
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.