The Harvilon MF-961 router has a firewall that protects the home network from unwanted Internet access. This firewall blocks incoming connections that are not authorized. Some online games or programs require additional connections to be opened so they can run smoothly. The process of opening additional ports is commonly called a port forward.
In this guide I will walk you step-by-step through the port forwarding process on the Harvilon MF-961 router. I will show you how to:
- setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- login to the Harvilon MF-961 router web interface.
- find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this address down, you need it later.
It is now time to login to the Harvilon MF-961 router. This router uses a web interface meaning you need to login using a web browser. It normally doesn't matter which browser you decide to open, simply pick your favorite such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome.
After opening the web browser, find the address bar. The address bar is normally at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Harvilon MF-961 IP Address is: 192.168.0.1
Once you have entered the router's IP address in the address bar, click the Enter key. You should be taken to a login page like this:
If you do not see a login page like the one above, your router's IP address has been changed. To find out what it has been changed to, follow the instructions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Now, go ahead and enter the username and password for the Harvilon MF-961 router.
- The Default Harvilon MF-961 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Harvilon MF-961 Router Password is: password
Press the Login button to access your router web interface.
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different Harvilon default combinations. Here is our list of all known Default Harvilon Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step easier.
- Finally, if you still are stuck after trying both of the above options, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on the How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To help you with this step, we begin on the Device Information page.
On this Home page, click the option in the left sidebar labeled Firewall.
You should now see a page like the one above. Select the Port Mapping option at the top of the page.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enter the same port number to be forwarded into both the Src. Port and the Dest. Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the Dest. IP Address box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
Enter the name of the program into the Comment box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded is be a good idea.
Test Your Ports
Are your the ports you just forwarded really open? An easy way to find out is use our free Open Port Checker. It uses a local application to see if the ports are open or not. This guarantees our port checkers accuracy.
Check out our other guides here. We have a growing list of free gaming, networking, and software guides here at portforward.com.
Our other site setuprouter.com can help you setup a secure home network with your exact router.