How To Port Forward Grand Theft Auto V
When playing Grand Theft Auto V, you may come to the conclusion that setting up a port forward for it would be extremely beneficial. Many people have already set up a port forward for this game. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Fewer connection errors
- Not getting dropped from matches
- Being able to see other player online
- More stable
- Better quality voice chat
- Less lag
On this page we have links to guides for Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 4, and Playstation 3 specific to Grand Theft Auto V. Follow one of the sections below to get your port forwarded today.
Port Forward Grand Theft Auto V
When you are playing Grand Theft Auto V you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Grand Theft Auto V
The ports that need to be forwarded for Grand Theft Auto V are as follows:
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074,6672,61455-61458
Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,6672,61455-61458
Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500,6672,61455-61458
Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,6672,61455-61458
Grand Theft Auto V - PC
- UDP: 6672,61455-61458
We have guides that are custom tailored for Grand Theft Auto V that will show you the connection ports.
- Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox 360
- Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 3
- Grand Theft Auto V - Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 4
- Grand Theft Auto V - PC
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.