Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 device:
HP MediaSmart Server EX485 - PC
- TCP: 80, 139, 443, 445, 1138, 2869, 3389, 4125, 8912, 55000, 56000
- UDP: 137-138, 1900, 8912, 10243, 10280-10284
Forward Ports for a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 device
When you use a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 device you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 device in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 device:
List of Routers - Customized for HP MediaSmart Server EX485
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a HP MediaSmart Server EX485 device.