Your router contains a firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet activity. The firewall does this by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections that are not authorized. Some online games and programs will run much smoother if you have more connections (ports) opened up. The process of opening up more ports is called a port forward.
In this guide we will be showing you how to port forward on the Huawei HG8247H router. The steps we will show you are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding the ports to.
- How to login to the Huawei HG8247H router.
- Where to find the port forwarding section in your router interface.
- What information to enter in your router to get your ports forwarded.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this IP address down, you need it a little later in this guide.
It is now time to login to the Huawei HG8247H router. To do this you need to use a web browser. Usually it doesn't matter which browser you decide to use. We recommend picking one you are familiar with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Edge.
Now open up that web browser and find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Huawei HG8247H IP Address is: 192.168.100.1
After entering the router's IP address in the address bar, click the Enter key. You should be shown a login screen or box similar to the one below:
You should see a box or screen asking for an Account (username) and Password. If you do not see a screen like this, follow the directions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
- The Default Huawei HG8247H Router Username is: admin
- The Default Huawei HG8247H Router Password is: password
After entering the Account name and password of the Huawei HG8247H router, click the Login button.
Are you having trouble logging into the **Huawei HG8247H ** router? Here are a few troubleshooting ideas:
- Try other Huawei default account name/password combinations. Here is the list of all the known Default Huawei Router Passwords. When router companies update the router firmware, every once in a while they change the router's default account/password combination as well.
- If the list above did not work, it is probably because you changed the account name and/or password in the past and have forgotten. If you use our Find Password App, it will help you guess what the Account name and/or password was changed to.
- Finally, you may need to consider a factory reset for the Huawei HG8247H . This erases everything you have changed on the router in the past. Learn how to do this on our How to Reset a Router page.
By now, you should be logged into the **Huawei HG8247H ** router. It is time to find the port forwarding page of the device interface. To help you do this we start on the Device Information page:
First, click the option at the top of the page and click the option of Forward Rules.
You should now see a page like the one above.
Select the option in the left sidebar labeled Port Mapping Configuration.
Finally, click the link in the center section of the page labeled New.
Congratulations, you have found the port forwarding page of the **Huawei HG8247H ** router.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Be sure that there is a dot in the User-defined radio button.
In the Enable Port Mapping checkbox put a checkmark.
Enter the name of the program into the Mapping Name box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded is be a good idea.
Choose an available connection from the WAN Name dropdown box.
You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the Internal Host box. It's possible for this to be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
The External Source IP Address box needs to be left blank.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left hand Internal port number and External port number boxes. Then enter the highest number of that range into the right hand Internal port number and External port number boxes.
If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into both of the Internal port number and both of the External port number boxes.
The External source port number box needs to be left blank.
After each entry is made, be sure to click the Add button. This adds the port forward entry to your growing port forward list.
When you are completely finished, click the Apply button to save your changes.
Test if Your Ports are Open
It is now time to check if the ports forwarded like they were supposed to. To do this we recommend using our Open Port Checker found in our Network Utilities. Our port checker uses a local application to see if the ports are open, ensuring an accurate reading.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. We also have networking, software, and gaming guides. Check them out on our guide page.
Do you need help setting up your router for the first time? How about your WiFi security, is it as strong as it should be? We can help at setuprouter.com.