What do you know about your Huawei HG8247H router? Did you know it includes a firewall? This firewall is designed to keep you safe by blocking incoming connections from the Internet. There are times when you need some of these blocked connections to become unblocked. This is where a port forward comes into the picture. A port forward is literally forwarding a port through the firewall and directing it at a device on your home network.
The four steps involved in forwarding a port are:
- Step 1: Setup a Static IP Address on the device you want to forward these ports to.
- Step 2: Login to your Huawei HG8247H router.
- Step 3: Navigate to the port forwarding section.
- Click the Forward Rules link.
- Click on Port Mapping Configuration.
- Step 4: Create a port forward.
This may sound difficult, that is why we will be walking you through each step in the process.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
This step involves logging into your Huawei HG8247H router. Your router uses a web interface, so you need to login to it using a web browser. This can be the browser of your choice. Examples of browsers are Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. It should not matter what web browser you decide to use.
Open up your web browser and find the address bar. It should look something like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Huawei HG8247H IP Address is: 192.168.100.1 Enter the IP Address in the address bar and click the Enter key on your computer keyboard. If all goes as it should you will see the following image appear on your screen:
You are in the right place if you see a box asking for an Account and a Password.
- The Default Huawei HG8247H Router Username is: root
- The Default Huawei HG8247H Router Password is: admin
Enter the account and password, then click the Login button to access the Huawei HG8247H web interface.
Having Password Trouble?
There are a couple different reasons the above account and password might not work. Here are a few troubleshooting options:
- It is possible the username and password don't work because you have a slightly different firmware version. We recommend trying other Huawei passwords. Please visit this Default Huawei Router Passwords page for a full list of them.
- If you are still unable to access your router interface it is probably because you changed it in the past and have forgotten. We have a Find Password App that automates the process of guessing the password for you.
- Finally, if nothing else can help, it might be time to consider a router reset. This reset erases all changed settings in the router's interface. I highly recommend resetting the router only after you have exhausted all other troubleshooting methods. To learn how to reset your router read our How to Reset a Router guide.
Next we need to find the port forwarding section of the router. To do that let us start on the Device Information page:
First, click the Forward Rules at the top of the page.
A new menu appears in the left sidebar. Choose the new option of Port Mapping Configuration.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Browsing our List of Games
- Check out our our List of Games by Genre
- See our List of all Applications
Enable the Enable Port Mapping checkbox by putting a check in it.
In the WAN Name dropdown box select an available connection.
Select the required protocol for these ports from the Protocol dropdown box.
If you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the lowest number of the range into the Start External Port, Start External Source Port and Start Internal Port boxes and the highest number of the range into the End External Port, End External Source Port and End Internal Port boxes. If you are only forwarding a single port then you can enter that same port number into the Start External Port, Start External Source Port, End External Port, End External Source Port, Start Internal Port and End Internal Port boxes.
You need to name this entry in the Mapping Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
Enter the IP address to forward these ports to into the Internal Host box. If you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box.
After you are done click the Apply button.
Congratulations. You did it.
Always Test Your Ports
It is always a good idea to test the ports you just forwarded on the Huawei HG8247H router.
A Guaranteed way of testing accurately if the ports were forwarded correctly is to use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a FREE Open Port Checker. Learn more about How To Check For Open Ports here.
Congratulations on forwarding the ports for your Huawei HG8247H router. If you enjoyed this guide, we have more you may like in the left sidebar or below:
- Here is a list of all our Game Walkthroughs.
- Check out more guides for your Huawei HG8247H here.
- Learn Common Networking Terms.
- Learn how to use uTorrent.