The following ports need to be forwarded for iCamSource:
iCamSource - PC
- UDP: 12000-12100
Forwarding Ports for iCamSource
When you use iCamSource you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to iCamSource.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for iCamSource
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for iCamSource in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for iCamSource:
List of Routers - Customized for iCamSource
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for iCamSource.