The following ports need to be forwarded for Imperio:
Imperio - PC
- TCP: 3389, 8001, 8002
- UDP: 3389, 8001, 8002
Forwarding Ports for Imperio
When you use Imperio you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Imperio.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for Imperio
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Imperio in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Imperio:
List of Routers - Customized for Imperio
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Imperio.