How to Port Forward Inside in Your Router
Inside includes the following genres of gameplay.
- In a puzzle type game the player solves puzzles that may be either logic, patters, words, or numbers. Puzzle games sometimes use a timer to create a sense of pressure to solve the puzzle faster.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Forward Ports for Inside
When you are playing Inside you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Inside Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Inside are as follows:
Inside - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Inside yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Inside - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Inside - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Inside - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Inside - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Inside simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.