The ports that need to be forwarded for inSpeak Communicator are listed here:
inSpeak Communicator - PC
- TCP: 5858, 8085, 8585, 7979
- UDP: 8085, 8585
Setting Up a Port Forward for inSpeak Communicator
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use inSpeak Communicator. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to inSpeak Communicator.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for inSpeak Communicator
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for inSpeak Communicator in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for inSpeak Communicator:
List of Routers - Customized for inSpeak Communicator
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for inSpeak Communicator.