Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for iTalkBB:
iTalkBB - PC
- UDP: 5060, 6802, 16384-16482
Forwarding Ports for iTalkBB
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use iTalkBB. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to iTalkBB.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for iTalkBB
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for iTalkBB in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for iTalkBB:
List of Routers - Customized for iTalkBB
That's all it takes to forward your ports for iTalkBB.