The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for ivisit are:
ivisit - PC
- UDP: 9940
Forward Ports for ivisit
When you use ivisit you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to ivisit.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for ivisit
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for ivisit in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for ivisit:
List of Routers - Customized for ivisit
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for ivisit.