The ports that need to be forwarded for Jumi Controller are listed here:
Jumi Controller - PC
- TCP: 5720
- UDP: 5720
Setting Up a Port Forward for Jumi Controller
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Jumi Controller. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Jumi Controller.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for Jumi Controller
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Jumi Controller in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Jumi Controller:
List of Routers - Customized for Jumi Controller
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Jumi Controller.