The ports that need to be forwarded for KaZaA are listed here:
KaZaA - PC
- TCP: 1214
Forward Ports for KaZaA
When you use KaZaA you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to KaZaA.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for KaZaA
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for KaZaA in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for KaZaA:
List of Routers - Customized for KaZaA
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for KaZaA.