Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for KGet:
KGet - PC
- TCP: 6881, 8080
Forward Ports for KGet
When you use KGet you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to KGet.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your download client's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for KGet
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your download client's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for KGet in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for KGet:
List of Routers - Customized for KGet
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for KGet.