How to Port Forward in Your Router for Limbo
Limbo includes the following styles of gameplay.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
- In a puzzle type game the player solves puzzles that may be either logic, patters, words, or numbers. Puzzle games sometimes use a timer to create a sense of pressure to solve the puzzle faster.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Limbo
When you are playing Limbo you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Limbo Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Limbo are as follows:
Limbo - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Limbo yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Limbo - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Limbo - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Limbo - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Limbo - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Limbo - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Limbo - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Limbo simply follow one of these links:
- Limbo - Playstation 3
- Limbo - Playstation 4
- Limbo - Steam
- Limbo - Switch
- Limbo - Xbox 360
- Limbo - Xbox One
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.