Limbo is a 2D, Puzzle, and Platformer game published by Microsoft Game Studios, Playdead released in 2010.
Limbo includes the following styles of gameplay.
- In a 2D style game the graphics are usually more flat and do not have a 3D appearance. Some 2D games will have flat graphics with a 3D appearance to them but they are still considered 2D games.
- Puzzle games require players to solve a variety of puzzles ranging from logic to patterns to words and numbers. They are sometimes timed and sometimes do not have a time limit. Some puzzle games have a level progression built in to them and others are more in the arcade style.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Limbo
When you are playing Limbo you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Limbo
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Limbo are as follows:
Limbo - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Limbo - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Limbo - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Limbo - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Limbo yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Limbo - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Limbo - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Limbo - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Limbo that will show you the incoming connection ports.
- Limbo - Xbox 360
- Limbo - Playstation 3
- Limbo - Steam
- Limbo - Xbox One
- Limbo - Playstation 4
- Limbo - Switch
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.