Lineage II has the following genres of gameplay.
- An MMO game is a Massively Multiplayer Online game where 1000's of players play in the same game world at the same time. They are frequently fantasy based like World of Warcraft, but they can also be sci-fi like Star Citizen. MMO's have a strong focus on character development and loot collection.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
Port Forward Lineage II
When you are playing Lineage II you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Lineage II Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Lineage II are as follows:
Lineage II - PC
- TCP: 80,2106,2009,7777
- UDP: 53
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Lineage II simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.