The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for magicJack are:
magicJack - PC
- TCP: 5060-5070
- UDP: 5060-5070
Set Up a Port Forward for magicJack
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use magicJack. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to magicJack.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your phone.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for magicJack
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your phone into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for magicJack in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for magicJack:
List of Routers - Customized for magicJack
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for magicJack.