Ports Required for Marathon
The necessary ports that need to be forwarded for Marathon are as follows:
Marathon - Playstation 5
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Marathon - Xbox Series X
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Marathon - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Marathon yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
We have guides that are custom tailored for Marathon that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
Marathon offers the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are viewed from the player looking forward. They behave much like simulations in that your controls are mapped to move the main player around relative to where you are looking.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there is a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for Marathon
When you are playing Marathon you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.