Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins is Capcom's Fighting game released in 2012.
Since Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins is a fighting style of game you can expect fast paced, side view, player vs. player fighting action. Like Moral Kombat, Tekken, or Dead or Alive, most fighting games are in an arena with 3d style graphics and really rely on the players reflexes.
Port Forward Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins
When you are playing Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins
The ports that need to be forwarded for Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins are as follows:
Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins that will show you the connection ports.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.