One of the best parts about Mass Effect: Andromeda is the online co-op modes. In this version of the Mass Effect series Origin has made individual players the host of game matches.
In most online games the host has a significant advantage. If you can manage to get the host position you will have a much better chance at winning matches.
To play Mass Effect: Andromeda online co-op and get the coveted host position you need take two very important steps:
- First, make sure that you have a good connection to the internet. By forwarding the correct ports in your router you can ensure that you have the best possible connection which will allow you to communicate with other team members and experience less lag.
- Second, be sure to use a wired connection. Wireless connections are slower than wired, and the Mass Effect Andromeda matchmaking tool will take the speed of your connection in to account when deciding who gets to host the game.
Which NAT Type
What kind of internet connection do you see in your game lobby? For PS4, look for NAT Type 2 or NAT Type 1 which means you have a good connection for online gaming. For Xbox One and PC, look for NAT Type Open. If you see one of those designations then you should be able to communicate with everyone on your team and it is possible for you to have less lag.
If you see NAT Type 3 (PS4) or NAT Type Strict (Xbox One, PC) you will not be allowed to connect to some players and may have a difficult time communicating with your team members. Improving the internet connection for each member of your team can result in a better gaming experience for everyone on the team. To improve your internet connection for Mass Effect: Andromeda forward ports in your router.
Forwarding Ports for Mass Effect: Andromeda
Forward ports in your router for Mass Effect: Andromeda to your gaming device (PS4, Xbox One, or PC). You will need to set up port forwards in your router for all of the ports listed for your gaming platform. Here is the list of ports used for Andromeda.
Mass Effect: Andromeda - PC
- TCP: 10000-19999,42130,42210,42230
- UDP: 3659,10000-19999
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,10000-19999,42130,42210,42230
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3659,10000-19999
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,10000-19999,42130,42210,42230
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,3659,4500,10000-19999
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Steam
- TCP: 10000-19999,27015-27030,27036-27037,42130,42210,42230
- UDP: 3659,4380,10000-19999,27000-27031,27036
Port Forwarding Guides for Mass Effect: Andromeda
In addition to forwarding ports, don't forget to make sure that you have a wired internet connection (not wireless).
Also, if you are playing on PC you may need to add exceptions for Origin and Andromeda in your system firewall.
For more information about port forwarding visit our guides customized to your specific router. Just click the link, select your router, and follow the guide.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda - PC
- Mass Effect: Andromeda - Playstation 4
- Mass Effect: Andromeda - Xbox One
- Mass Effect: Andromeda - Steam
Our Network Utilities software will automatically forward your ports for you.