The following ports need to be forwarded for mIRC Chat:
mIRC Chat - PC
- TCP: 6660-6669
Setting Up a Port Forward for mIRC Chat
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use mIRC Chat. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to mIRC Chat.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for mIRC Chat
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for mIRC Chat in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for mIRC Chat:
List of Routers - Customized for mIRC Chat
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for mIRC Chat.