Which Ports Does Mirror's Edge Require
The incoming connection ports for Mirror's Edge are as follows:
Mirror's Edge - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Mirror's Edge - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Mirror's Edge yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Mirror's Edge - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Mirror's Edge - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Mirror's Edge that will show you the required incoming ports.
When you play Mirror's Edge you will encounter the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a platform style game the player jumps from one platform to another, and sometimes is required to do various acrobatic stunts. Many early games were platformers, such as Metroid and Donkey Kong.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
Port Forward Mirror's Edge
When you are playing Mirror's Edge you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.