Monster Hunter: Frontier is Capcom, Microsoft Game Studios's MMO and Role-Playing game released in 2007.
Monster Hunter: Frontier has the following styles of play.
- MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. MMO's are huge open worlds where large numbers of people play at the same time. The focus highly on character development and progression, as well as loot collection and grouping together.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
Port Forward Monster Hunter: Frontier
When you are playing Monster Hunter: Frontier you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Monster Hunter: Frontier
The required incoming ports for Monster Hunter: Frontier are as follows:
Monster Hunter: Frontier - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Monster Hunter: Frontier yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Monster Hunter: Frontier - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Monster Hunter: Frontier that will show you the network ports.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.