Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Multi Theft Auto Server:
Multi Theft Auto Server - PC
- TCP: 22005
- UDP: 22003, 22126
Setting Up a Port Forward for Multi Theft Auto Server
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Multi Theft Auto Server. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Multi Theft Auto Server.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for Multi Theft Auto Server
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Multi Theft Auto Server in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Multi Theft Auto Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Multi Theft Auto Server
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Multi Theft Auto Server.