The following ports need to be forwarded for MythTV:
MythTV - PC
- TCP: 80
Forward Ports for MythTV
When you use MythTV you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to MythTV.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for MythTV
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for MythTV in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for MythTV:
List of Routers - Customized for MythTV
That's all it takes to forward your ports for MythTV.