Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Napster:
Napster - PC
- TCP: 6699
Set Up a Port Forward for Napster
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Napster. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Napster.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for Napster
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Napster in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Napster:
List of Routers - Customized for Napster
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Napster.