NBA 2K13 is 2K Sports's Sports game released in 2012.
NBA 2K13 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
How to Port Forward NBA 2K13
When you are playing NBA 2K13 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does NBA 2K13 Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for NBA 2K13 are as follows:
NBA 2K13 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074
NBA 2K13 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074, 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
NBA 2K13 - PC
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and NBA 2K13 simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.