NBA 2K14 is 2K Sports's Sports game released in 2013.
NBA 2K14 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Forward Ports for NBA 2K14
When you are playing NBA 2K14 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does NBA 2K14 Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for NBA 2K14 are as follows:
NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074
NBA 2K14 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074, 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
NBA 2K14 - PC
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
NBA 2K14 - Xbox One
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 3544, 4500
NBA 2K14 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 1935, 3074, 3478-3480
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 3478-3479
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and NBA 2K14 simply follow one of these links:
- NBA 2K14 - Xbox 360
- NBA 2K14 - Playstation 3
- NBA 2K14 - PC
- NBA 2K14 - Xbox One
- NBA 2K14 - Playstation 4
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.