NBA 2K7 is 2K Sports's Sports game released in 2006.
NBA 2K7 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
How to Port Forward NBA 2K7
When you are playing NBA 2K7 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for NBA 2K7
The required incoming ports that need to be forwarded for NBA 2K7 are as follows:
NBA 2K7 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074
NBA 2K7 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074, 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and NBA 2K7 simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.