NBA 2K8 is a Sports game published by 2K Sports released in 2007.
NBA 2K8 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
How to Port Forward NBA 2K8
When you are playing NBA 2K8 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for NBA 2K8
The specific incoming ports that need to be forwarded for NBA 2K8 are as follows:
NBA 2K8 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074
NBA 2K8 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 1745, 1795, 3074, 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 88, 1745, 1795, 3064, 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for NBA 2K8 that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.