How To Open Ports in Your Router for Need for Speed: Heat
Need for Speed: Heat has the following styles of gameplay.
- In driving/racing style games you are in control of a vehicle, either from its cockpit or from a chase camera. They are usually fast paced and reflex based. Some of them have story modes while others are more arcade style. Popular driving racing games include Forza, Dirt, and Mario Kart.
- Arcade style games usually do not have a story and are closely related to action games, except they are much less in depth and intended to be played in a limited amount of time.
Forward Ports for Need for Speed: Heat
When you are playing Need for Speed: Heat you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Need for Speed: Heat
The incoming connection ports for Need for Speed: Heat are as follows:
Need for Speed: Heat - PC
- TCP: 8080
Need for Speed: Heat - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,42230
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,42230
Need for Speed: Heat - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,42230
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,3659,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Need for Speed: Heat that will show you the required incoming ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.