How To Open Ports in Your Router for Need for Speed: Heat
When you play Need for Speed: Heat you will experience the following styles of play.
- In driving/racing style games you are in control of a vehicle, either from its cockpit or from a chase camera. They are usually fast paced and reflex based. Some of them have story modes while others are more arcade style. Popular driving racing games include Forza, Dirt, and Mario Kart.
- Arcade games are short games that are made to be played for a short amount of time. Original arcade games were coin operated, but many arcade style games are PC and console.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
Forward Ports for Need for Speed: Heat
When you are playing Need for Speed: Heat you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Need for Speed: Heat Require
The incoming ports for Need for Speed: Heat are as follows:
Need for Speed: Heat - Steam
- TCP: 8080,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Need for Speed: Heat - PC
- TCP: 8080
Need for Speed: Heat - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,42230
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,42230
Need for Speed: Heat - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,42230
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,3659,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Need for Speed: Heat simply follow one of these links:
- Need for Speed: Heat - Steam
- Need for Speed: Heat - PC
- Need for Speed: Heat - Playstation 4
- Need for Speed: Heat - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.