How To Open Ports in Your Router for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is Electronic Arts's Driving/Racing game released in 2010.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is a driving / racing style of game. Most driving / racing games are some sort of competition, and can be on land, sea, air, or outer space. In some racing games the is either 1st person in the cockpit or 3rd person such as a chase cam, while other games allow you to switch freely between the two views. Racing games are considered sports games.
Port Forward Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
When you are playing Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Require
The exact ports for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit are as follows:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - PC
- TCP: 1024-1124,3216,9960-9969,18000,18120,18060,27900,28910,29900
- UDP: 1024-1124,18000,29900
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit simply follow one of these links:
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - PC
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Playstation 3
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Wii
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Xbox 360
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.