The following ports need to be forwarded for Nextiva:
Nextiva - Default
- TCP: 5062-5090, 5200-5300, 8500-8598
- UDP: 5062-5090, 5200-5300, 8500-8598
You may also need to forward some RTP ports. You can find our page for those right here.
Set Up a Port Forward for Nextiva
When you use Nextiva you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Nextiva.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your phone.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for Nextiva
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your phone in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Nextiva in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Nextiva:
List of Routers - Customized for Nextiva
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Nextiva.