How to Port Forward NHL 13
NHL 13 is EA Sports's Sports game released in 2012.
NHL 13 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Forward Ports for NHL 13
When you are playing NHL 13 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does NHL 13 Require
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for NHL 13 are as follows:
NHL 13 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074
NHL 13 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223,3478-3479,3658,10000-10150,42127
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and NHL 13 simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.