Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Nintendo Switch:
Nintendo Switch - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Setting Up a Port Forward for Nintendo Switch
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Nintendo Switch. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Nintendo Switch.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for Nintendo Switch
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Nintendo Switch in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Nintendo Switch:
List of Routers - Customized for Nintendo Switch
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Nintendo Switch.