The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for OBiTALK are:
OBiTALK - VOIP
- UDP: 10000
Setting Up a Port Forward for OBiTALK
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use OBiTALK. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to OBiTALK.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your phone.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for OBiTALK
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your phone into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for OBiTALK in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for OBiTALK:
List of Routers - Customized for OBiTALK
That's all it takes to forward your ports for OBiTALK.