The following ports need to be forwarded for OnLive:
OnLive - PC
- TCP: 443
- UDP: 16384-16640
Forward Ports for OnLive
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use OnLive. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to OnLive.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for OnLive
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for OnLive in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for OnLive:
List of Routers - Customized for OnLive
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for OnLive.