Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Ooma Telo:
Ooma Telo - PC
- TCP: 53, 110, 443
- UDP: 53, 123, 514, 1194, 3386, 3480, 10000-30000
Forwarding Ports for Ooma Telo
When you use Ooma Telo you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Ooma Telo.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your phone.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Ooma Telo
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your phone in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Ooma Telo in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Ooma Telo:
List of Routers - Customized for Ooma Telo
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Ooma Telo.