Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Orb:
Orb - PC
- TCP: 80, 554
- UDP: 13398-13401
Forwarding Ports for Orb
When you use Orb you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Orb.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Orb
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Orb in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Orb:
List of Routers - Customized for Orb
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Orb.