Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Otserv:
Otserv - PC
- TCP: 7171, 8000
- UDP: 7171, 8000
Forward Ports for Otserv
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Otserv. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Otserv.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Otserv
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Otserv in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Otserv:
List of Routers - Customized for Otserv
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Otserv.